Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Prefer to WALK, when you get a chance - IT IS GOOD FOR HEART

Always opt for walking, whenever you get a chance.
Most of the times, we will be driving the car while we travel/commute OR sitting in our seat while we work. In this way, we are void of any physical activity. This makes us a potential candidate for Heart diseases.

Recently I read articles/books and also in a radio show that if we walk at the least one and half hours every week, we reduce the chance of our heart diseases by 50%. Isn't that exciting??

I have my parking lot 3 minutes walk from my seat and also my office is in 3rd floor. I have opted for walking up the stairs these days, instead of elevators and also walk down from my car to the office seat.

Considering the above walking time: I will be walking 3 minutes + 3 minutes every working day, which is 6 minutes a day. Say I come to office all 5 days in a week. Then I walk 15 minutes for this week and also I will walking up and down the stairs. In addition to that I walk to my restroom and office pantry visits from my seat.

Also, I do exercise for 30 minutes in my apartment complex, twice in a week or so. Apart from this my physical activity of moving around here and there and ofcourse going for shopping etc.,

By the above calculation, I probably meet the more than the criteria of walking more than 1.5 hours a week. I suggest you also do so and opt for any physical activity whenever you get a chance!!

I hope this should keep me fit in terms of my body conditions and Health!!

Please take care of your health, and do calculation like the above!!

Health is Wealth!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment