Saturday, January 9, 2010

Some of the things I like(d) in Trichy

I would like to get up early in the morning, get ready and take my dad's moped (as i remember in childhood) and go to Perumal temple near Crime branch Periyar bus stand trichy. This temple is in fact small and beautiful. I park the moped just opposite the temple, which I think costs Rs.2 (it might have increased by now). Then give off my chappals to the chappal stand, which I think is free.

I get into the temple and it has its own temple smell. It is in fact a pleasant smell in the early morning. Note that this is before 6:30 or 7 in the morning.

Lord Vishnu's vigraham is huge in this temple and we can pray without any hassles in this temple, compared to other perumal temples in india. Also, this temple has less crowd usually, so it is easy and close view of the lord.

After done with temple, I would go to a tea shop or magazine shop and buy a "The Hindu" newspaper. Buy a "Week" magazine. Go back home and have a coffee and read newspaper front to end, except Sports section. Usually i am not interested in Sports section.

In the pre-noon time of the day, I would go and play street cricket with my friends near Jaihindpuram

In the mid of the day - I would go near Madura College and right opposite there are water melon carts in which slices of water melon are sold. i enjoy the water melon and/or pineapples sliced and touched with red chilli powder and salt.

In the afternoon, I would have lunch prepared by my mother. After that take some rest at home:) take nap! In the evening, after coffee, spend some time with friends near by and go to town hall road area and walk up the street. Eat boiled groundnut sold in the carts. This is a main street in Trichy and in the central area of Trichy. I have liked more of Central and Southern Trichy, because I grew only in southern part of Trichy. Southern part of Trichy is actually the one which is in the southern side of the Vaigai river in Trichy.

Also - after sometime, have soup on the road:) I know it is unhygienic, but it is good stuff - I have enjoyed for sure.

After that, in the night have dinner. Go for a walking around TVS nagar. Pretty much touch Kovalan nagar, TVS Nagar, Srinivasa Road, Jaihindpuram area, Sathya Sai Nagar area etc., I really enjoyed this walking in the night in Trichy area.

Note - these were some of the things I enjoyed in Trichy, when I was a bachelor and was taking a month break between my work at Bangalore.

No comments:

Post a Comment