Monday, October 4, 2010

Catering business is doing good in Trichy

Day-before-yesterday, I and my mother wanted to order for food for around 40 people for a forthcoming family function. I chose Trichy Bypass road for the ordering the food.

I chose EMAR, Gowri Krishna and then my mom had "Uma Catering" in mind, which was just near Mappillai Vinayagar theatre, Kalavasal.

When I went to Gowri Krishna Veg Restaurant cum Hotel, the cashier cum manager was so busy that he was not able to take orders from me. I was thinking I am special, but I ended up realizing that he has so much business that I am not special at all. I am nothing for the amount of business he is doing. When I felt I am not treated properly, I moved out of the hotel.

I went to EMAR Veg Restaurant cum hotel, I was treat well and I was given a seat and I was given a print-out etc., I was happy and convinced. When asked about the rates, I was OK with the food etc., Now when I negotiated for transport, he did not give me a discount and he was so stubborn that he did not even come down from Rs.400 to Rs.300 for the transport. I was so frustrated for the stubbornness of that manager.

Next, I went to Uma Catering - the place was not looking decent and it looked like a lorry office! When asked, we were told that they will accept orders only for 50 people minimum. I was like - come-on...what the h*ll is going on!

Did they forget customer service or may be they are getting so much business that they don't care for negotiation??

At last, I told my mom come back and book one of them later in the days!!

I am glad as a well-wisher of Trichy that the businesses here are doing great in Trichy (especially FOOD business), but at the same time I am frustrated as a customer in Trichy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment